Saturday, February 21, 2009


FROM THE SANDS OF EGYPT...
Howdy!!! from Egypt... Our last BIG
Day is now a memory... We are back
at our Hotel awaiting our departure
time... We will be leaving the hotel
for the Cairo Airport at 2am Egypt
Time, and flyin' out of Cairo at 5:20am.
It's about 8:30pm on Saturday eve.,
so I'm not sure whether I'll bother
with trying to sleep before we leave...
We'll be flyin' out with 8 others from
our Group... Dave & I have made some
great new Forever Friends...
Below, you'll see some of the pics
I took today of the Pyramids and the
sphinx... I was surprized by how near
to the city they lie... I wasn't quite as
awed by them as I expected to be...
To be honest, they didn't strike me as
much as the Red Woods of the West
Coast did a few back... I'm glad I can
say that I've seen them up close...
But, without a doubt, JERUSALEM
was the best part of the trip for me...
We went to the Cairo Museum this
afternoon... it's more like a flea-market
than a museum~ Really! It's dusty &
dirty... It's full of wonderful things~
but the place needs some work...

No comments:

Post a Comment