Thursday, February 19, 2009

WOW!!! I'M IN ROCK HUNTIN'
HEAVEN... THIS MORNING BEFORE
THE REST WERE UP, I TOOK A BIT
OF A HIKE OUTSIDE THE HOTEL
COMPOUND (DON'T TELL MOM...)
I just went about a half mile "or so..." to
some rock out croppings... Don't worry~
I never got completely out of sight of the
Hotel... The rocks here around Mt.Sinai
are volcanic in origin... There's red granite
and a black granite, too...plus veins of
quartz running through some of it... And,
you know me...I LOVE to look fer purdy
rocks... (By the way~ if anything had
happened to me, it would've been folks
like Hope Nort & Tammy Little to blame,
because they told me to bring them a
rock...) And, I wanted to be certain they
were authentic rocks pulled by my own
hand out of the cliffs surrounding this
area... I found a vein of white quartz
that has the red granite mixed in with it.
***NOTE TO MODENA~ I offered a real
purdy one to Ol'Dave to bring to you~ it
would make a beautiful paper weight...
and he turned it down because he said
he didn't wanna lug it around... So, I'm
bringin' it to ya... That is, if they don't
confiscate it from me at customs....

No comments:

Post a Comment