Thursday, February 19, 2009


BET THIS IS A SHOT OF LIL' OL'ME
YA NEVER EXPECTED TO SEE........
No~ this is not a staged shot in our hotel
lobby... This is a real Bedouin's tent near
our hotel... When I say that we're out in
middle of nowhere, I mean NO-WHERE!
Our host is named Mohamed~ he's a real
Bedouin, who is an Ishmaelite... he
invited us into his tent to share his
hospitality and a hot cup of the best
tea... If they don't slit your throat first,
and you actually git into their tent, they
are very friendly...We enjoyed their music,
and our broken English conversation...
No insults to BUSH and no hatred of
Christians... To be honest, I was shocked~
because as we crossed the border and
drove thru the Sinai Desert, there were
security road blocks all along the way.
Guns were everywhere~ and we had an
armed guard with us on our bus...
(don't tell Mom...) It was like we were
in a world 3000 yrs. passed~ Bedouins
on camels in groups of 5-10 all along our
route... It is a Bleak, yet beautiful land-
scape... When we pulled into our hotel,
I had a bit of apprehension~ but there
was nowhere to run... I almost had 2nd
thoughts... But, these desert folks are
very friendly & neighborly... Dave &
I aren't taking the trek up to the top of
Mt. Sinai~ but 4 or 5 of our young
bucks are... I gave one of them my
jacket, because it will be near freezin'
at the summit, and they're leaving to-
night at 1:00am, and will meet up with
us again in the morning... near the
summit there are 750 difficult stone
steps, following a 3 hour camel ride
in the dark... I DON'T THINK SO......
So, I'm not quite as stupid as some of
you might've thunk...Hmmmm?????

3 comments:

  1. Ok I loved the trip until now. I telling your mother. HA HA Are you Crazy? I am chosing micky d's

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with Hope...one more story like that and i am telling grandma!!! are you nuts...i did read on the internet that you are pretty safe once you have been welcomed into a bedouin tent, but still, please be careful! dilly and i would like to see our best friend again. praying very hard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. geez dad...that's an awful risk-A pose!

    BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete